Friday, January 4, 2008

This and That

A new year with a lot of old goals.

Let me say up front that I am not into "New Year's Resolutions." I was as a child, since we had write ours in grade school. I then somehow saw them for what they are for most people-empty promises that people make because they feel they are supposed to, but don't accomplish because they don't want to. I don't like making promises I can't keep.

I will re-evaluate what I have done and look into making it better or look out over a year and figure out what I need to accomplish. I don't need January 1st to start me on that and I think that others should consider that.

Blogging is near the top of the list. Today has been taken up with updating the Blogger Meetup site and with thinking up topics for the new year.

I've been to BlogHer, which has had some interesting conferences coming up:
http://www.blogher.com/blogher_conference/conf/

I also found a blog post about the upcoming political shennanigans in the US that echoes a lot of my sentiments about how women voters are reached:
http://www.blogher.com/women-bloggers-presidential-candidates-stop-ignoring-us-and-dont-pander-if-you-want-our-votes

I did some more writing and 'mourned' the passing of Georgie Jones (General Hospital) in the past few days.

I also completed the volunteer coordinator gig at the Resolution Ball, which was tiring, but rewarding. Event plannin' and coordinatin' iz tough-don't let anyone think or say different. I learned a lot this time out, if nothing else, how to be even more vocal and forward about things even if it's "not my party."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Tale of the Dark Crystal

The Tale of the Dark Crystal by Donna Bass My rating: 4 of 5 stars View all my reviews