Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Today

Today's post is a collection of quotes that best expresses my thoughts on today, August 16th.


"I am leaving this legacy to all of you to bring peace, justice, equality, love and a fulfilment of what our lives should be. Without vision, the people will perish, and without courage and inspiration, dreams will die - the dream of freedom and peace."
-Rosa Parks, 1988

"There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not here any more." -The Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge (1970)
"Any religion or philosophy which is based on the fear of being tortured for eternity because the Almighty God's displeasure or some other godling's displeasure is psychologically diseased. This is theological extortion: a celestial protection racket. "
--Danaan Press

"Many of the things I accomplished in life are because I was dead set on proving somebody wrong."
-Lee Grant, actress

"Having leveled my palace, don't erect a hovel and complacently admire your own charity in giving me that for a home."
- Emily Bronte, author and poet

"If you're frightened of making a mistake, you won't make a thing."
-John Taylor, Director of Design, GM's APEx

"When we started skating, we had no role models in Poland to follow,
we just had a wish."
-- Zagorska and Siudek, 1999 World Bronze medalist-figure skating pair
from Poland

"I had forgotten that men could not see unicorns. Just because they
cannot see them does not mean they do not exist."
- The Unicorn (The Last Unicorn)

"A man is as happy as he makes up his mind to be."
- Abraham Lincoln

"I'm not going there to die. I just need to know if I was ever really alive."
- Spike (Cowboy Bebop)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Tale of the Dark Crystal

The Tale of the Dark Crystal by Donna Bass My rating: 4 of 5 stars View all my reviews