Wednesday, August 2, 2006

Have you ever...

Have you ever gone so far down a path only to discover that it was the wrong path and now you either have no idea how to get on the right path or that it's killing you that you wasted time and have to redirect?

I am experiencing this at this moment.

I know that I am not the only person, who experiences such a malaise of feeling. I was immediately reminded of John Adams and his period as an American representative in Europe during the Revolutionary War. He came out of it, this malaise. He secured a major loan from the Dutch and despite the French ministers and the members of the Continental Congress who defamed him and curtailed his ministerial duties in regards to France, he signed the Treaty of Paris and won the points that were important.

I recognize that I have made a few wrong choices and that no amount of adaptation on my part will change the fact that my current job and life are not a good fit for me. So I must put my hand to the plow and plow my row until I find the place where I belong.

It is frustrating because I would like to spend my energy on other things. However, I made the choice that I made and I must own up to my impulsiveness.

And so concludes our "vague life lesson" for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Tale of the Dark Crystal

The Tale of the Dark Crystal by Donna Bass My rating: 4 of 5 stars View all my reviews