Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Hurricane Katrina

No doubt if you logged on, you saw a link somewhere that allows you to donate to the relief effort for Hurricane Katrina.

I just wanted to second the call to support the Red Cross and its programs.

Many people are at a loss as to how to help from so far away, especially when they hear about the hunger and the desperation.

All donations big or small would be appreciated at this time. Sovereign Bank is matching the first $50,000 donations that are made at their branches that are payable to the Red Cross.

I have often enough said that I had family that came from Mobile. Thankfully, no one was hurt or is suffering. People are down there without power which is actually considered good in comparison to New Orleans and the state of Mississippi.

So...I made my contribution. I hope that others will make theirs if they can: American Red Cross-www.redcross.org

Addendum
Okay...maybe this entry reads a bit like the solicitation letters that organizations send out on a monthly basis but hey, my heart is in the right place even if I am not very original.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Tale of the Dark Crystal

The Tale of the Dark Crystal by Donna Bass My rating: 4 of 5 stars View all my reviews