Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Must see syndicated tv

People are talking about the strike...on NPR's 'Talk of the Nation', they are mentioning the shows that people should give a second look on DVD or RERUNS to watch out for.
My list would read as follows (in no order of preference-just listin'):

Mama's Family
Carol Burnet Show
Good Times
Are you Being Served?
Book of Daniel
Firefly
Freaks and Geeks
Dallas-especially the seasons leading up to and just after "Who Shot JR"?
Newhart
The Bob Newhart Show
Jack Benny-especially when the episodes centered around his life
Maude
Golden Girls
Alice
Cold Case
Roar
Xena
Select episodes of Hercules
Cleopatra 2525
Jack of All Trades
Cowboy Bebop
Ghost In Shell
Digimon Seasons 1-3
Gimme a Break (until the death of the father)
Newsradio
WKRP
EastEnders
The Vicar of Dibley
The Blackadder series (all of them 1-4, the specials and Blackadder: Back and Forth)
Roseanne
Grace Under Fire (up to the last season)
Committed
Close to Home
Hawaii Five 0 (if you must watch the final season, do it to see McGarrett finally get Wo-Fat or to learn how to wreck a good series)
Dynasty (select episodes)
Falcon Crest
The Colbys (select episodes)
Murphy Brown
AMEN (if nothing else, watch the opening-one of the best theme songs for a show)
Lou Grant
Soap
Sports night
Wacky Races

I guess I could go on, but will stop for now. I suspect that future posts will consist of me extending this list.

2 comments:

  1. I did forget 'The Monkees,' which shaped my formative years. Thank you for reminding me...

    ReplyDelete

Review: The Tale of the Dark Crystal

The Tale of the Dark Crystal by Donna Bass My rating: 4 of 5 stars View all my reviews