Thursday, January 18, 2007

Happy Birthday to ME

I know that I will spend part of the day working and the rest of the evening returning to better times by watching Robotech at the Brattle Theater in Cambridge.
http://www.evite.com/pages/invite/viewInvite.jsp?event=HUXSOZZSOHDEOLCWWMJN

The usual maudlin thoughts that are usually reserved for this day were already spent while I was sick, so I don't have anything left for my birthday, which would actually be seen as a positive.

I don't feel older or wiser and I haven't since I was 13. The years rolled on and I just would get bigger and more liable for things like bills...

It's funny. I am grateful to be alive and I feel as if I should do something more to mark the occasion but anything else would be hypocrisy or plain weird.

I am bummed that the 65 degree weather of last year will not be this year. One seeming constant is that I delay any real celebration of anything until warmer weather. Details about that to come...

I did come up with a motto for this year: Know where you want to go and plan how to get there.

Last year's was probably: "You gotta be kiddin' me!!!"

2004 was: "I need a spear and magic helmet-STAT!"


Well, here's to another year full of possibilities and bumps and aches and possible growth.

And better blog entries...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Tale of the Dark Crystal

The Tale of the Dark Crystal by Donna Bass My rating: 4 of 5 stars View all my reviews