Friday, August 25, 2006

Currently Listening to...

I am currently listening to the NPR show Here and Now, where Alfie Cohn, author of "The Homework Myth" is speaking about the uselessness of homework. I am blogging this on the fly so I encourage hearing the webcast in its entirety at the NPR website. He made the following points:

  • Homework does not teach the skills that students need to succeed.
  • The ideas that students are learning lifelong skills (such as discipline) from doing homework is false.
A lot of his rhetoric seems like it is for testing and not for homework.

I think I will have to list to the broadcast again to obtain a better perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Tale of the Dark Crystal

The Tale of the Dark Crystal by Donna Bass My rating: 4 of 5 stars View all my reviews