Thursday, April 20, 2006

From Jerusalem with Love

When I see a blog I love, I will not hesitate to give it a "shout out." "From Jerusalem with Love" is just such a blog.

I admit a certain bias because I know the author personally, I also feel confident that anyone who samples some of the blog will love it as much as I do.

The author is currently studying Hebrew in Israel. He takes the time to document his experiences and his impressions of a country whose story is usually told in news soundbites.

For many of us of a certain age, Jerusalem is that place who seems to be locked in a perpetual war with that other place and say, wasn't Jesus born there or something?

Not only does the author, Matt, provide information about the culture of Jerusalem and the various parts of Israel that he visits, he also includes photos. Matt also, as if anticipating that those who are blind may read his posts, takes care to describe people, places and things in way that shows that this blog is a labour of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Tale of the Dark Crystal

The Tale of the Dark Crystal by Donna Bass My rating: 4 of 5 stars View all my reviews