Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Being There and Here

There are some days where you exist in a dead zone. Some people refer to it as being numb. The word 'numb' is not quite an accurate description.
I still feel things. I just don't care about anyone else. Well at the moment.

I recall the movie "Being There" which starred Peter Sellers in one of his better films.
As Chance the Gardner, he was definitely the tabula rasa. He was simply happy just gardening and living. People who had so much, what was considered the American Dream, were so miserably. Chance, the unformed block, provided wisdom and comfort.

I wish that I could be that but I am not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Tale of the Dark Crystal

The Tale of the Dark Crystal by Donna Bass My rating: 4 of 5 stars View all my reviews